Special Educational Needs
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENco) is Miss Stringfellow and our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator assistant is Mrs Rogerson.
They can be contacted via email on:
Aims and objectives
At Witney Community Primary School and Nursery, we encourage all children and staff to be the best they can be; to have the confidence and resilience to overcome challenges in life; to reach the highest standards through clear goals and a rich culture, with a challenging and inclusive curriculum.
We aim for all the members of our school community to:
- Aim high and keep trying
- To have a love of learning, ensuring all pupils experience success.
- Feel safe and valued as part of a caring community
- Provide a curriculum that is responsive to all pupils whatever their needs
- Value effort as well as achievement
- Be independent as well as work together as part of a team
- To be curious and active learners
- Be confident enough to take risks and learn from their mistakes
- Be able to listen to others and respond with ideas of their own
- Be polite and respect everyone’s values and beliefs.
- Care about where we live
If additional support is needed, we aim to:
- Identify and assess
- Encourage parents/carers to be involved in planning and supporting at all stages
- Make effective use of support services
Please click on the link below for OCC information.
Please click on the link below for the NHS Children's Integrated Therapies page. It offers support and resources to parents of children with SEND.
Please click on the link below for Family Lives. This is support for parents and families at home.