Home School Link Worker
Hello, my name is Heidi Bridges-Martin and I am the Home School Link Worker at
Witney Community Primary School. During term time I work in partnership with parents/carers, schools and other agencies to support families, aiming to reduce current stressful situations and prevent future difficulties.
My aim is to ensure that all children enjoy school and are happy and secure.
The role of a Home School Link Worker (HSLW) includes:
- Offering support in school
- Supporting parents/carers and families
- Improving attendance and punctuality
- Promoting positive behaviour
The HSLW can help by providing:
- One to one support, listening ear and advice,
- Signposting to other agencies - i.e. Information of local services and community activities,
- Support groups for parents/carers,
- Support in accessing Early Help Intervention.
Who can the HSLW help:
- Parents/carers experiencing behavioural issues with their children;
- Families who are reacting to change, such as parental separation or bereavement;
- Parents/carers to improve attendance and punctuality;
- Difficulties impacting on family life e.g. illness, domestic violence, disability, financial difficulties;
- Signposting – providing information on local services, benefit entitlements and community activities;
- Completing forms and documentation for benefit applications;
- Children who are experiencing difficult times or are withdrawn or anxious;
How to contact the HSLW:
Parents/carers, school and children can ask me to become involved. With your consent we will explore the difficulties your child is experiencing and identify the best way forward.
Should a child protection issue be identified, I am legally bound to follow Government guidelines.
You can contact me in confidence from 8.30-4pm via: email: email@example.com telephone: 01993 702388