Illness at School
Whilst regular attendance at school is essential, parents should take care not to send sick pupils to school who then need to be sent home during the first few minutes of the day. Minor ailments and accidents will be dealt with at school. If your child becomes unwell or needs medical attention, you will be contacted and asked to collect him/her. It is therefore essential that we have an emergency contact number. Please ensure that you telephone the school and inform us of any absences due to illness.
- Medicines (both prescription and non-prescription) must only be administered to a child by the parent or a member of staff where written permission has been obtained from the parent.
- Non-Prescription Medicines such as Calpol, Paracetamol and Ibuprofen should only be administered in school by first aid trained staff.
- Only one dose may be given by school staff in any school day.
- Staff must make contact with parents/guardians to find out if the child has had Medication within the previous four hours.
- If staff are unable to contact a parent/guardian then medication should not be administered in school until 4 hours after the child has arrived in school e.g. after 13:00
- All medication administered will be logged.